How did you get your alter ego name?

• 7 posts
    March 10, 2011 12:40 AM GMT
    As the title suggests... I was curious how you came up with the name for your alter ego.
    • 7 posts
    March 10, 2011 12:47 AM GMT
    For me I really liked Rebekah Elmaloglou's name (Sophie from Home and Away many years ago) so that's the first name and didn't want to use my surname so searched a load online and liked Elsdon
    • 866 posts
    March 10, 2011 7:20 AM GMT
    When I first came "out" back in the mid 1990s in Holland I went to TGirl venue - the Dutch group LKG&T, which is a bit like Manchester Concord, except it meets in Amsterdam and other Dutch cities. When I was changing into my femme persona and putting make up on someone asked me my name...and I said Paul...they said "no silly your femme name". And Pauline was born...in Dutch its spelt Paulien, but sounds the same, so for the first 10 or so years I was Paulien.
    The Smith is the exact opposite of my real family name which is extremely uncommon, so I picked the most common English family name there is.
    • 5 posts
    March 10, 2011 8:34 AM GMT
    It was the name of a girl at school I knew.
    • 15 posts
    March 10, 2011 9:06 AM GMT
    No real big story just looked in mirror "OK whatta we call you then with a K.... erm Kelly" TADA.

LOL It really was like that. It sounds cutey and blondish and seemed to fit properly.
    • 102 posts
    March 10, 2011 9:07 AM GMT
    first name came from a song by the Ramones...Suzy is a headbanger!! No idea where the Whyte came from it just sort of appeared!
    • 13 posts
    March 10, 2011 9:28 AM GMT
    I was out shopping with the wife,she asked if I would like this dress she was looking at,there was several women around us at the time,so we went for a coffee, Jay was the first name we came up with,it`s also close to Gray.
  • March 10, 2011 10:29 AM GMT
    Simply it is a feminised version of my real name as I am still me, even 'en femme', even though that is an escape from the old me.! I'm even the original Robbie (called that as a little lad) Williams from Stoke on trent. And I sing and do a passable version of Angels. I removed the e to prevent confusion. You can certainly have too mant 'Es'!
    • 6 posts
    March 10, 2011 11:32 AM GMT
    Joan Carson is not a million miles from my other name. I have used it for quite a while and took it with me between sites. Some sites asked for a user name and screen name and I didn't want a number attached so adapted it a bit and this is how it has finished up! Peaches? Well that is the same story really. On one site I joined I went through nearly all the fruit before I found one which no-one had used before. I still use it as a screen name though some kind soul thought it was because of my attributes! Ah..I wish! Peaches,, I mean Joan xx
    • 251 posts
    March 10, 2011 3:04 PM GMT
    April - was a name that came in to my thoughts after a past life regression - April then became a character - April Glowers who was originally meant to evolve into a hard rocker and to possess an aggressive on stage personality - when I joined TINT I did not want the hard edge so I became April-Mae, the Juin is just a french sophistication alluding to my cross channel connections.
    • 7 posts
    March 10, 2011 3:51 PM GMT
    I thought it was like April May June when I first read it... one of my fave names is Sarah Bellum... I think it's funny and cool at the same time

I find it interesting how people come up with their names though as everyone seems to have a different story behind their name whether it's just a feminisation of their existing name or something a little more weird/wonderful.
    • 251 posts
    March 10, 2011 3:56 PM GMT
    Agree with you comments on Sarah Bellum - top name. This is an interesting forum with longevity to it I think - well done
    • 1 posts
    March 10, 2011 4:33 PM GMT
    Debbie Taylor said:It was the name of a girl at school I knew.

Same with me... She had the most amazing blonde bob haircut!

It was only after I adopted the name did I discover there is a television presenter with the same name and a 30's Hollywood star.

Oh well to late to change!

Sally
    • 16 posts
    March 10, 2011 5:53 PM GMT
    Mandy was an ex-girlfriend. I also love Wonder Woman - Lynda Carter...
    • 13 posts
    March 10, 2011 7:11 PM GMT
    first off, great question!

Ill be honest in saying i dont know where Michelle came from, its not even close to my original birth certificate name, i just felt like a Michelle and i hope i look suitable. Delon is much easier to explain. Its a recent thing and is the surname of a former girlfriend's (friendly) favourite actor. We liked how it sounded after Michelle so there it is.

Ive not thought about the michelle part for so long. If i remember a story behind it i shall re-post.
    Again nice question.
    Michelle
    • 2 posts
    March 10, 2011 7:29 PM GMT
    I was given the name in jest surprisingly and decided it worked.
    • 1 posts
    March 10, 2011 7:36 PM GMT
    I changed my name to Nevaeh via Depoll. I love it as my husband picked it for me as it's Heaven backwards. I copied my husband on the last name to link us. x
    • 13 posts
    March 10, 2011 7:47 PM GMT
    first off, great question!

Ill be honest in saying i dont know where Michelle came from, its not even close to my original birth certificate name, i just felt like a Michelle and i hope i look suitable. Delon is much easier to explain. Its a recent thing and is the surname of a former girlfriend's (friendly) favourite actor. We liked how it sounded after Michelle so there it is.

Ive not thought about the michelle part for so long. If i remember a story behind it i shall re-post.
    Again nice question.
    Michelle
    • 1 posts
    March 10, 2011 11:37 PM GMT
    ive always liked the name davina plus its close to my birth name and i had a verry good freind for quite a few years who was called davina she knew i dressed and said the name suited me and every1 who has met me said i have nice brighteyes so i put them together as i dont like to use my real surname
    • 235 posts
    March 10, 2011 11:43 PM GMT
    Do you know I am not a 100% sure but I suspect that when I was growing up I was made aware of Marianne Faithful by my big sisters. Loved the first name and decided the second name had to begin with an F. But shorter than Faithful.
    Not sure there was a human inspiration but I did know a Marianne - she was Austrian, very beautiful and witty, but pronounced her name My-Anna. Liked the name but not the pronunciation so maybe she was only part of the motivation.
    Marianne
    • 3 posts
    March 11, 2011 5:30 AM GMT
    I was out at work sitting in a parked car chatting away to a female work colleague who was a really good friend outside of work. She was also totally unaware of the dressing side of life, even though her and her husband wanted to go to a fet club with me one night. As we were sitting there and gassing away, time was pressing and she went to make a move to get out of the car and just out of the blue said “Come on Sophie!”. She stopped in her tracks and become so apologetic and slightly embarrassed unable to explain where the comment had come from. I started to tease her about the comment throughout the day. So that night when I got home the email went out to her with pictures of me 'dressed' asking if this was 'Sophie'. From then on the name kinda stuck. The really annoying thing is........... I don't even like the name!!!! lol lol lol

Before then I used the name Sharon as it was a kinda fem name for Darren. But everyone knows me as Soph now and it has become a second name as I respond to it without thinking even when I'm out not as Soph.
    • 201 posts
    March 11, 2011 5:51 AM GMT
    For me it is quite simple really. Nicky is an abbreviation of my real given name and miniskirt seemed preferable to minibus, minigolf, minimum-security, or indeed minister !!! Alternatives were ; ... lovescock, dunno, just-testing, run-it-up the-flagpole, amigay, fuck-me, Princess, howmuch?, What?, yourkidding, bloodrelatives, hillbilly, banjo, .... oh gawd, ... somebody stop me ???
    This post was edited by Nicky Miniskirt at March 11, 2011 1:51 PM GMT
    • 15 posts
    March 11, 2011 9:55 AM GMT
    it is based on a v bad character in Aubrey's brief lines: a Croat mercenary who fought on both sides in the civil war. "I care not for your causes; I am here for your crowns and your pretty women." Sure he is my opposite.
    • 251 posts
    March 11, 2011 10:57 AM GMT
    so CF / V you care for our causes, our pretty women and not our crowns - just as well I don't have any as u know
    • 2 posts
    March 11, 2011 2:32 PM GMT
    polly was given me by an ex and spanner is cos im insanley diy..kind of a play on pollyanna but crosstictching a jollyroger