Make Up Tips

• 160 posts
    June 11, 2011 10:49 PM BST
    MAYBELLINE dream creamy foundation is good, give it try? i find it very good. but most of the time i use MF pan stik medium 56 and a neutral powder on top, if that does not work, i will have to change my mask lol, love collette. XXX.
    • 160 posts
    June 11, 2011 10:52 PM BST
    i just remembered, if you are looking for a good nail varnish that will last? try MAYBELLINE foreverstrong ultra lasting +iron. one of the best i have ever tried. love collette XXX.
    • 866 posts
    June 12, 2011 6:42 AM BST
    Following on from Collette's advice - here are some tips on summer nail varnishes - for Sparkle and other events. P xxx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jun/11/sali-hughes-summer-nail-colours
    • 251 posts
    June 13, 2011 7:04 PM BST
    Finances bad but may still manage a subdued visit to Sparkle- do not expect Spectacular - rather probably quite muted
    • 199 posts
    June 13, 2011 8:42 PM BST
    I sympathise on the fiances side April!! I'm in the same boat and very brok!! I'm using chalk and mud as foundation!
    and rubbing chillies on my lips instead of lipstick! do not try any of this yourselves..... unless supervised by an adult!!
    XXXX
    • 866 posts
    July 12, 2011 4:45 PM BST
    For all of you, esp us post Sparklers where money is short for a while, here some cosmetics recommendations for under £10 - and some great ones from the contributors to the column as well. hugs Pauline xxx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/08/sali-hughes-hero-products-under-ten-pounds
    • 41 posts
    July 12, 2011 6:04 PM BST
    Pauline, et al.

Thanks for all the links and suggestions! Us T-girls on the hinterland need all we can get. And when I say we, I mean me! lol
    • 24 posts
    July 17, 2011 10:38 AM BST
    Some summer eye shadow tips. Audrey xxx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/15/sali-hughes-summer-brights-beauty
    • 160 posts
    July 17, 2011 7:53 PM BST
    i just remebered one thing, if you use body lotion, do not wear hol-ups, as they are prone to slipping down, lol. love collette XXX.
    • 866 posts
    August 1, 2011 5:45 PM BST
    MAC......the company that uses TGs in its advertising.....
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/31/cindy-sherman-mac-makeup-fashion
    • 41 posts
    August 4, 2011 6:08 PM BST
    OMG, I saw a guy with fantastic make up last week. OK, he was working in a make up shop in West Edmonton Mall, and his work was magnificent! I was in drab, with the wife and kiddies, so I did not get to go in and compliment him. A dark wig and cute dress and he would be smoldering! OK, he didn't even need those...bitch.

Teehee
    Jasmine
    • 866 posts
    August 7, 2011 9:58 AM BST
    Some suggestions about using cheaper make up - they mainly refer to the UK - but the idea of looking at cheaper alternatives seems a good one to me. Especially if you want to practise a look or dont go out too often. P xxx

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Could-look-good-budget-yahoofinanceuk-557221246.html
    • 401 posts
    August 7, 2011 10:38 AM BST
    hi pauline thanx for the link as you know im always on alook out for a bargin im a cheap tart lol xxxxx
    • 251 posts
    August 7, 2011 7:09 PM BST
    Pauline thanks, yes that was useful article - have to say - yes cheap lippy works, eyeliner, and mascara - but I can't see its ever worth stiniting on foundation - particularly for trans girls - also concealer vital for most too !! Get both types of concealer - one for blanket then the expensive touche eclat- which should last for ever - ..... ish lol x
    • 199 posts
    August 7, 2011 9:26 PM BST
    Hi has anyone found any really good eye make-up remover! everything I try is pathetic and I walk around with panada eyes for three days! a really effective brand/make would be helpfull!!! XXXX
    • 866 posts
    August 7, 2011 9:49 PM BST
    Andrea, Just use the wipes. Cheapest ones from Tesco or wherever. Gets rid of mascara etc no problem. Can always use camomile tea bags ( after drinking the tea) to soothe your eyes after. P xxx
    • 15 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:11 AM BST
    What ever your choice of foundation, powder and any thing else you put on your face its all in vain if you do not start with a good quality beard cover, I have found transformation one the best its not cheap so check there site from time to time for sales. They do 3 shades the medium should suit most, apply with a make up sponge slightly dampened and the pot should last you at least two years.
    A tip to save cash is to buy your wipes at poundland make up wipes two packs for a quid and baby wipes one pack for a quid.
    I hope helps you girls see you all at Mancs in Sept xxxx
    • 251 posts
    August 8, 2011 11:41 AM BST
    love the cammomile suggestion drink vast quantities with honey too which is good for the voice
    • 866 posts
    August 9, 2011 7:52 AM BST
    The Guardian lady tests face wipes; also check out some of the readers comments on epilators and other beauty products. P xxx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/05/sali-hughes-cleansing-wipes
    • 41 posts
    August 9, 2011 6:24 PM BST
    Xena Mistress, I've read that orange hues can help cover the "shaved blue" tint that we can get.

April, thanks, I lvoe the voice suggestion, and it is a nice drink too. When I am in the car, I sing (always, but...) with the female singers, trying to bring my voice close to the tone. I have read that helps with voice training. Of course when you are tone deaf! lol
    • 866 posts
    August 9, 2011 10:15 PM BST
    Agree with Xena you need beard cover. If you don't have any beard cover then try old stub of red lipstick...not too heavy with the application. Its a short term fix, as beard cover is a T girl essential. P xxx
    • 160 posts
    August 10, 2011 12:25 AM BST
    i find a good shave, a good concealer and a good panstick and a neutral powder, that should do it, love collette XXX.
    • 401 posts
    August 11, 2011 8:22 AM BST
    i find after a very good shave i usually use dream mat mouse foundation and then once dried i use the liquid foundation over the top and then lichener make up powder see i told ya 2 sand i cement lol xxxx
    • 251 posts
    August 11, 2011 11:29 AM BST
    lol - brilliant - simple huh??
    • 41 posts
    August 11, 2011 6:45 PM BST
    AM! cement, priceless.

<wink, wink>