All Bugs / Errors / Problems Post here please

• 37 posts
    December 2, 2016 5:21 AM GMT
    Hi everyone,
    While Katie and her Techie Elves are repairing and updating the site, could all users please post any bugs or problems you come across in here please.

Try explain what you was doing in as much detail as you can, and if you know how to take snapshots of screen feel free to add picture links and/or attachments as part of your post for greater clarity of the problem you're having.

Many thanks

Lesley & the Moderating team.
    • 10 posts
    February 14, 2017 11:41 AM GMT
    Just to let you know on the status thingy you can not upload a photo straight to it. Not a biggy but thought I would let you know. You are all doing a fantastic job by the way
    • 21 posts
    February 19, 2017 7:30 AM GMT
    Just a few issues id like to highlight.
    Firstly, when I get up date notifications and try to open them I get no information, example being; Joe Bloggs has commented on your picture or post yet when I open the update, the part of the screen with the new information is blank.
    Secondly, in the new Dating Toys I can not hide my profile to stop dating notifications. There is a check box to show or hide profile yet this will not uncheck when you try to save.
    And thirdly, I still have a video awaiting to up load from Sept 15 and still unable to do anything with my video album.
    Hope this has highlighted any issues others are having and hope you can get to the bottom of it, thanks in advance, Jxxx
    • 37 posts
    February 19, 2017 8:16 AM GMT
    01: The update thing seems to be a new problem, i'm having same problem with it and it's extremely annoying so I too am hoping that gets fixed ASAP.

02: Dating Settings:
    If you just untick the box and press save your correct the tick appears again, but, I just tried it myself and I typed a random thing in the description box, then unticked the little box and pressed save, and it stayed unticked.

So give that a try and report back please so I know if I was just lucky or if it actually works for others too.

03: Videos.
    Unfortunately we mods don't as yet have any abilities on site to do anything with pictures or video's, we are hoping once the new fixes are in place this will be rectified and we'll be able to sort out a lot of old problems, but for present moment our hands are tied and not in a good way lol.

04: Direct upload of photo's to status
    This one for you sara, I just tried an upload of a png file directly to my status and it uploaded fine, so that now seems to be fixed.

Thank you both for taking the time to report problems, it is appreciated xx
    • 57 posts
    February 19, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
    Hi ladies, hope we're all enjoying the weekend.

1. I'll look into this.

2. That does sound like some kind of bug to me. I'll flag it up to the developer. I've already asked him to give us a way to opt out of dating and am awaiting his reply and quote for the job.

3. I just logged in as you Jackie, and tried uploading a video. It worked fine first time. However, I can see the stuck video you referred to. It does not appear in the admin side of the site so I don't know how it can be deleted. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems though so I will add it to my list of things that need fixing for the next time the site developers visit (we can't afford to have them here all the time). It shouldn't be too long though.

4. That could have been a one off because nobody else has reported a similar problem.

• 37 posts
    February 19, 2017 2:12 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,
    4: I had trouble with too, but it was before the last lot of fixes, so it must of got fixed then.

Thanks for popping in to give updates.
    • 21 posts
    February 19, 2017 3:14 PM GMT
    Thanks gang your are real stars ill try the options you have said, I cant imagine the developers are cheap and I understand the reasons for making a list of things to do, the vid can be deleted if it ends up on the list of things to do. Thanks again, Jxxxx
    • 21 posts
    February 19, 2017 3:23 PM GMT
    I tried entering something in the description box in the dating settings and the box stayed unchecked so fingers crossed I wont get any notifications from that. Unfortunately I can not read any notifications still but ill leave it in your very capable hands. Big hugs, Jxxxx
    • 37 posts
    February 19, 2017 3:38 PM GMT
    Smiles, always glad to help where I can, and everything will get sorted in time, bit by bit

I think of websites like weight management:

They very easy to mess up and get all bloated, but takes ten times longer to get back under control and lean n sexy again lmao,
    • 57 posts
    February 19, 2017 4:18 PM GMT
    Quite right Lesley!

I understand the problem with the notifications now. Let me see if I can fix it without employing a developer.

Thanks, Katie

This post was edited by Katie Glover at February 19, 2017 5:12 PM GMT
    • 21 posts
    February 19, 2017 5:06 PM GMT
    I know where you are coming from, I've never thought of web sites as lean and sexy!

Web sites will never look the same from now on lol
    • 1 posts
    February 23, 2017 2:56 PM GMT
    I receive notifications that other members are leaving comments on my profile and posts, but when I click the link I get a blank page. Is this a recurring problem or something new that you're working on?
    • 37 posts
    February 23, 2017 3:51 PM GMT
    It's being looked into Mikayla, was number 1 on list a few posts ago.
    • 57 posts
    February 23, 2017 4:03 PM GMT
    I've already tried to fix this myself but unfortunately, I'm not getting anywhere. I need a chance to sit down and concentrate on it for a couple of hours and then maybe I'll find the cause. If not, I will flag it up to the developers but that will cost us quite a lot. As we have approximately zero funds coming in, I'd rather not do that unless I really have to.
    • 57 posts
    February 23, 2017 4:37 PM GMT
    Ha! I think I've fixed it on my own, without any help from anyone and in record time too! Feeling smug now!!
    • 37 posts
    February 23, 2017 6:21 PM GMT
    Seems to be working for me now, the whats new is back.
    Very well done Katie xx
    • 21 posts
    February 24, 2017 5:26 AM GMT
    Thank you Katie, mine seems to be working again now too. Jxxx
    • 22 posts
    February 27, 2017 8:36 PM GMT
    Do you know if looking at someones albums you click make profile pic it puts it up as your own profile pic we could all have some fun with that
    • 37 posts
    February 27, 2017 9:39 PM GMT
    Hi Hazel,
    I was wondering about that but never actually tried it,
    I doubt it'll be functional once all the updates are completed but it'll be one of the first things I'll be checking out to make sure.

Thanks for letting us know , it's much appreciated.
    • 14 posts
    May 28, 2017 11:02 PM BST
    Hi, i don't know if this is a bug but i get really weird messages on top of album in the main feed like "[Name] added Quick informer fields photo(s) to the album" or "[Name] added Adds AJAX based informer to your site. Customers could view profiles info in search results or on the main page by easily moving the mouse cursor over the profiles thumbnail photo(s) to the album" instead of the usual message, Is that normal ?
    This post was edited by Melissa G at May 28, 2017 11:07 PM BST
    • 22 posts
    June 13, 2017 8:16 PM BST
    having to log in again if I want to view my albums
    • 37 posts
    June 14, 2017 6:39 PM BST
    @Hazel:
    Not had that problem myself as yet, but it might be due to updates going on, hopefully Katie can shed light on that one for you.

@Melissa: The " you sometimes see is nothing to worry about, its just html code for a speech mark. Probably when updates and work going on browser not reading the GUI that hides it properly.

All the best to you both.
    This post was edited by Deleted Deleted at June 14, 2017 11:06 PM BST
    • 57 posts
    June 14, 2017 7:36 PM BST
    Sorry about that Hazel. Nobody else has reported a problem like this so my guess is that is was a one-off glitch. Could be cookie related. Anyway, please do try again and if it continues to happen then please let me know.

Many thanks,

Katie
    • 22 posts
    July 6, 2017 3:38 PM BST
    I am still having to log in again every time I want to view my albums
    • 57 posts
    July 7, 2017 10:34 AM BST
    This is very strange Hazel. I'll ask our developers to investigate.

Best, Katie