Sexual Health

• 16 posts
    February 17, 2023 10:12 PM GMT
    I have learnt that you can get a vaccine for Hep A, Hep B and HPV. You can get two monkeypox jabs a month apart. You can get tested for HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomonas, herpes.
    Condoms.
    Lube.
    Cover anything which is moved from one person to another with a fresh condom or fresh latex glove for each new person it enters, or clean it with warm water and anti-bacterial soap
    Dont take risks, only ever have safe sex, but if the worst happens, PEP must be started within 72 hours of coming into contact with HIV for it to be effective. It's only recommended following higher risk exposure, particularly where the sexual partner is known to be positive. PEP involves taking HIV treatment every day for 1 month. No picnic.
    Stay safe, please
    • 4 posts
    January 24, 2024 5:36 PM GMT
    Valuable advice, and all the more timely now that the world-after-COVID is with us. During lockdown, online meets were often all that was available, and I for one found it a real uphill struggle to get back into the face-to-face encounters that were the old normal. I'm sure we all have our coping mechanisms to avoid/mitigate risks in our playtimes - it's good, I think, to remind each other now and then that they matter. Thanks, Debbie ❤️