Dedicated Creative Writing Forum?

• 31 posts
    January 19, 2018 6:12 PM GMT
    Hi Admins - I don't know if this has been tried before or would take up too much bandwidth/memory storage or whatever... so apologies if it has.

How about a forum dedicated to creative writing; which has to have a transgender/CD/TV/ theme? [ Or what would be the point, readers can find general non-transgender specific stories anywhere... ]

Covering for example:

Fiction Stories :

Long stories [ say, over 5000 words ]
    Short stories [ under 5000 words ]
    Flash fiction [ under 1000 words ] //

Serial Stories [ more than one episode / sequels ] //

Poetry //

Non-Fiction Stories [ "It Happened To Me" type of heading ] //

Of course the usually ground rules for on-line publishing would have to be stated eg: No fiction characters who are minors allowed / no rape or simulated rape scenes / no blood & gore violence for the sake of it etc... just the standard stuff that ensures a site won't get closed down...

Additionally, without exception - contributors retain copyright of their works, as long as they're original. [ Or another standard statement to that effect ]

Don't know if that's workable or even wanted, but no harm done if not.

Though I think it could be an extra benefit for members who write & could inspire members who've never tried to have a go, as well as building a general fan base of purely 'readers.'

Just a suggestion ...

Best Regards,
    Jenna xx
    • 19 posts
    January 20, 2018 3:42 PM GMT
    Hi Jenna,

A few years back there was a section on here dedicated to stories etc.
    I did contribute a few stories, mainly of a serial that I'd written, with each new part published every week to keep readers titillated.

I'm not sure what happened to this section, but it stopped suddenly.
    I ended up posting out the remaining parts via email to several members who wanted to know the ending to the story.
    This lead on to me writing further serials, which again were posted out to a group of interested parties.

As I am sure that you are aware, it costs a considerable amount to keep a site like this going, so it may have been a financial decision.

I'd like to see a return in the future if at all possible for a section where stories can be posted, but do realise that given the potential cost of upkeep in both money and in moderating, it may not be possible.
    • 31 posts
    January 20, 2018 7:10 PM GMT
    Thanks Caroline! That's pretty much 'on the money' - I'm sure the storage of written works would near double the webspace being used and/or saved on servers... Still, it would be great "in an ideal world"...
  • January 23, 2018 12:30 PM GMT
    I was a moderator here for a while, and when I originally joined it had already gone so the as to why I no idea about.

That being said, storing posts with text is extremely minimal and I'd be surprised if it even registered on the bandwidth scale, maybe once you get in to the numbers like 100'000 posts etc.

The main problem would be if everyone posted pictures or video's then it be similar to the main home page where it starts to slow down a lot while the pictures, even thumnails load up for the end user.

Now there are groups on Transtastic, you could set one of them up then you could set your own rules for people joining and then advertise the group on home page to get people interested and build it up.
    https://www.transtastic.com/se4/groups/create

For pictures could use sites like imgur.com
    There are tricks that the end user can use to get a picture to show without any adverts and stuff to it, what us old fogies called direct image linking, lol

That would allow pictures to be posted to the stories without using any bandwidth on transtastic.

Video's can be stored on a google drive, dropbox, megasync, mediafire etc and linked to the story, also can make it so the links can only be opened if you know the link, or by password too on most on them, so if it was something you didn't want public it is doable.

So it is very much doable by us the end user without any real interaction by the site admins/mods unless we did something mega bad that broke the ToS lol, but we wouldn't do anything like that would we?

Anyway, just some food for thought.

Blessed be girlies xxxxxx
    • 19 posts
    January 23, 2018 7:46 PM GMT
    Thanks Taylor.

I think that the moderation came in the form of approving the stories for posting before they were then allowed through the net so to speak, although I may be wrong with this reason
    • 866 posts
    January 26, 2018 9:51 AM GMT
    Hi Everyone,

I have exchanged messages with Katie Glover about this subject, as I used to do the weekly updates which included up to 4 stories or articles every week of topics which are/were of interest to members here.

If you want to look at the back catalogue, which includes stories by Caroline and some articles by me then please check out the following link
    https://transtastic.com/se4/articles

Katie intends to re-introduce weekly updates and maybe a link to the articles when the current software changes are finished. In the meantime the people who have contributed to this thread can start up a group and publicise it, firstly to get interest in articles and secondly to add new ones.

Over to you Caroline and Jenna; if you need any help and support let me know.

hugs

Pauline xxx
  • January 26, 2018 10:37 AM GMT
    Thats great to hear.
    Thanks for the update Pauline xxx
    • 31 posts
    January 27, 2018 2:12 AM GMT
    Transtastic Writing : Job done & ALL welcome to join!

https://www.transtastic.com/se4/group/255

If there's any problems, please let me know...

Jenna xx
    This post was edited by RockChick Lady at January 27, 2018 2:33 AM GMT
    • 866 posts
    January 28, 2018 2:37 PM GMT
    Glad to see that you are running with this Jenna, this site depends on peeps like you

hugs

Pauline xxx
    • 31 posts
    January 28, 2018 4:18 PM GMT
    Thanks Pauline ;-) xx