Using an anal douche

• 37 posts
    June 7, 2017 11:00 AM BST
    Can anyone advise me on using an anal douche? I've never used one before, and I understand the basic principle on how to use one, what I was wondering is it something that can be done sitting on the toilet, or is it better to use it in the shower?
    Thanks for any (sensible) suggestions.
    • 866 posts
    June 7, 2017 12:50 PM BST
    In my experience its better in the shower though it helps if the loo is nearby so you can void the contents of the douche in between adding more water to the douche device. Probably take a few goes before it runs clear. I would suggest using warm not hot water. Hope that helps, Pauline xx
    • 1 posts
    June 7, 2017 12:55 PM BST
    I agree with Pauline warm water is best
    • 37 posts
    June 7, 2017 12:59 PM BST
    Thank you both. I'll give it a try.
    • 9 posts
    July 2, 2017 3:25 PM BST
    I so agree warm water is the best. And so relaxing.
  • July 11, 2017 9:43 AM BST
    IMO, you want to be careful just to fill the rectum area, dont over fill to point where it enters your colon. Get to know by feel how to tell where this limit is.
    Fill your rectum and leave for a couple of minutes before you expel. It dosnt really matter if it warm or cold as it soon warms up from body heat. Repeat several times until you only expel clear water
    • 3 posts
    July 17, 2017 3:58 AM BST
    All good advise , I find the shower the easiest to administer and warm water to start feels the best.
    • 14 posts
    January 20, 2019 7:00 PM GMT
    Hi you want warm/Tepid water (hand warm)if cold get colic as puts body into spasms and more if too cold.But not too hot either as insides quite sensitive.
  • January 20, 2019 7:27 PM GMT
    Use a 'Y' tap adaptor adjust the temperature sit on the loo. a rubber glove, hold it in place,
    and it will gush out until your thoroughly cleaned out.